Blauvelt

A Quick look at Blauvelt!

Blauvelt NY is a hamlet located in the town of Orangetown. Once known as Greenbush and then Blauveltville.

Orangetown School District

Schools in Blauvelt:

South Orangetown Middle School
 
St. Dominic's School
 
Cottage Lane Elementary School

Interesting facts and places of interest:

The Jacob J. Blauvelt house is located in New City NY and its four remaining acres of land had been in the Blauvelt family since the time it was built, in 1832, up until when it was acquired by the Historical Society of Rockland County in 1970. The Blauvelt family first arrived in America in 1638, and first arrived in Rockland County in 1683. Their genealogy today contains more than 26,000 names.

Greenbush Presbyterian Church - Western Highway - In October 1812, ten founders, nine of whom were Blauvelts, held their first organizational meeting for this new church. The first stone church was dedicated in 1824. It was destroyed by fire in 1835. A second church built on the old walls was dedicated in 1837. It burned in 1882. The present church, in the Gothic style, was dedicated in 1883, with the tower and bell erected in 1896. Many Blauvelts are buried in the cemetery.

For more information about Blauvelt and the neighborhood call a Q Home Sales Representative at 845-35Q-HOME (845-357-4663)

 

Information Copyright 2020, Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The source of the displayed data is either the property owner or public record provided by non-governmental third parties. It is believed to be reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc.